Home

 Lately, I've been thinking about what and where my home is. Yes, I know where I'm coming from, who gave birth to me and raised me, where my family lives, and so on... But sometimes home doesn't mean place where you grew up. Home is where you feel you belong to. Home is when you get goosebumps and butterflies in your stomach every time coming back to it. Home is something you don't want to leave. Ever... 


 It's been seven years since I left my home in Serbia. Over this time not much changed there. Every time I go back, everything looks the same, but, at the same time, nothing is the same. People have changed. Once you leave, your family and friends continue to live their lives . They get used to you not being there. They change and you change. When you come back you need time to get used to them again. They need time to get used to you. Sometimes, they are not the same people as you remember them. Sometimes (almost always), you are not the same person as they remember you. It gets hard to continue where you stopped before you left. It gets weird. You try to adjust, but it just doesn't work.
 It is hard to be involved in somebody's life when you are not in there. 

 Serbia will always have a special place in my heart. I will always call it home, and I love going there. My family and friends who I love to death are from there. But, I don't feel that is my home any more. I don't feel I belong there any more. 


 It has been over six years since Darko and I started dating. Over this time, he become my home. The place I feel I belong to. We went through so much together. We built our relationship from the foundation. Now it is a little home. Our home. Where we both love being in. Where we both belong. It doesn't matter which part of the world we live in as long as we have our home with us. 



Here are some pictures of my home at different places :



USA


Greece


Georgia

Japan


"Home is where your heart is."

I hope all of you find your real home soon! 


Talk you you soon! 


Jelena

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

3 countries I want to visit

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

Zlin Zoo