Flashback Friday Link Up



Every once in a while I would go through my old photos and remember all the memories. You cannot go back in time, but you can always go back to your albums. We all had some great times at the past! We even have a great time right now, but we don't realize it. We will probably see it in the future. You never know what you have until it is gone. :)
Darko and I don't celebrate Valentine's Day, or any other "important" day (like monthiversary and anniversary even). We try to enjoy each other and be happy every day. Celebrating dates is like surviving to me. Like, I have survived the past year, so I am going to celebrate it. Why not celebrate every single day instead of celebrating once a year? We do acknowledge these "important" dates, but we don't do anything special on these days. I know most of you wouldn't agree with me, but this is just my opinion. :)
Since it's Valentine's day and this is my first link up, I think I should dedicate this post to us. It's been over 6 years since we started dating and we do have a lot of memories to share. 
I'm going to try to find one photo from each year since we met. Hope you gonna like it. :)
 
2007/2008- Liberal, Kansas - Our first and only sports banquet together. We started dating couple months before this photo was taken. I don't know if have any photo together before this one. I will have to go through my old laptop to find it. We were so young (and I was at my biggest weight at that time, oops). 
2008- Liberal, Kansas- This was my signing day with Florida Gulf Coast University, and Darko came from Lubbock, Texas to celebrate it with me. It was a big day for me. The photo is little blurry, but it is the best one I have from that day. 
2009.. This was the toughest year for us. We didn't see each other the entire year. Don't ask me how we made it through. I don't know... :) But, I am glad we did. I would't recommend long distance relationship to anybody, even though some of them are worth it. 
 
2010- Tara, Serbia - Our first vacation together. We picked mountain Tara to be our destination, since it was close to the home and very pretty. Fresh air, long walks, and time to spend only with each other were exactly what we needed after 2009. 

2011- Fort Myers, Florida- After his first professional year, and my junior year at the college, he came to visit me in Florida. It was only for two weeks, but this was one of the best summers I had so far. This is also one of my favorite photos. 


2012- Ljig, Serbia- There is nothing like celebrating happy moments with your family and friends! This was at my older sister's wedding. Great times!


2013- Isesaki, Japan- This was after one of the Darko's home game here in Japan. I absolutely love watching him play. Tomorrow they play at home after the whole month of away games. Can't wait!
2014- Osaka, Japan- Our latest photo was taken couple days ago. And this is the only one photo I like from 55 we took that day. You just can't take photos any time you want. :)
Since I am new in the blogging world, I was looking for some interesting link ups. I found this lovely link up that is hosted by FranPoekittenMoira and Jane. Thank you girls for such a wonderful idea and bringing our memories back.
What are yours Flashback Friday memories? 
Hope all of you have a great  Valentine's Day!
Jelena

Comments

  1. Aww what great memories!! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great photos! You've traveled to some great places:)

    Thanks so much for linking up with us at Flashback Friday! I hope to see you back again next week:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies! I am really blessed I have a chance to travel the world with my better half. Thank you for making this link up, I'm really looking forward to next Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How to forget Jelena's excitement when Darko was going to spend summer with her, She made us super exited too lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My late flashback Friday goes to a common Friday in Library and Jelena forgot to tell me how on Fridays we don't get the books left in the tables around library. Of course I didn't take the book car with me (because i didn't need it), picked up the books anyways, carried it in my arms, almost fell on my face, arrived to the desk and Jelena goes: Camilita we don't pick up books on Friday LMFAO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahhhahaahahah... You were like that mouse from Cinderella. Miss you and love youuuuu!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found you from the link up. I used to live in Japan too. I miss it so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! I love Japan so far. We are still kinda new in Osaka. Where did you live here?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

3 countries I want to visit

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

Zlin Zoo