Trip to Seoul, South Korea

It's been long since I wrote my last post. I have finally found some time and motivation to write. I got sick, and some other things came up so I didn't feel like writing.
I think I went to Seoul 2 weeks ago. I told you my memory is awful, so I am not even sure when I went. Well, this was one of the worst trips ever. I was there only for the weekend, and it was pretty bad. I left on Friday. I woke up not feeling very good, and I knew I would get sick. And, I am little drama queen when it comes to not feeling good. I hate being sick, and I hate being away from home when I am sick.
I didn't know anything about Seoul or South Korea. I knew it was safe, but didn't know what to expect. I love traveling, but I hate traveling by myself. I am so clumsy and confused, I get lost in my own neighborhood. I will ask for someone's help only if that is the only option I have. I don't like when I don't know something, and I really don't like when I don't know which area of town I am at. You can imagine how I felt once I arrived to Seoul. Lost! Super lost! I met one girl through Couchsurfing (she offered me her place to stay), and we were supposed to meet at 10 pm. She explained to me how to get to the meeting area, and to wait there for her. I got there at 3 pm, and we are meeting at 10 pm. So... I don't know where I am, I don't know if there is any sightseeing to do, I don't speak Korean, I have no internet on my phone, Starbucks' wifi wouldn't connect to my phone (God knows why), my battery is dying, banks are closed so I cannot exchange my money (there is no exchange offices in this area). I wasn't feeling well.. I was walking around one building for hours. Wasn't sure if it was the same building I was walking around.
 It got dark, I got scared (I am scared of dark). Didn't know what to do. I sat on one bench and started crying. I just wanted to go back home, and lay in my bed. Couldn't wait for that day to be over.
Finally around 10:20, the girl I was meeting showed up. I was really happy to see her, and the day was finally over.
I did some sightseeing on Saturday morning, but most of the day I spent in the bed. I didn't feel good at all. I think you feel even worse when you are not at home.
Early in the morning on Sunday, it was my flight back to Osaka. I cannot explain how happy I was to get on that plane. Couldn't wait to get home!
I know Seoul offers a lot to the tourists, and most of the people who go there really like it. Maybe if I was feeling better, my experience would be better. I doubt it, since I was by myself. I don't know how people how travel by themselves can do it.
I probably won't go to South Korea any time soon. I had a bad experience, and I do not want to repeat it.
But, this doesn't mean you will have bad experience too. If you have a good company, nothing can be that bad.
Here are some photos I took on that trip...

City Hall



Korean traditional clothing 

Deoksugung Palace

Every weekend there is traditional show for the tourists 


Sungnyemun Gate (Gate of Exalted Ceremonies)



Talk to you soon!

Jelena

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 countries I want to visit

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

Lefke, Cyprus