3 countries I want to visit

I considered myself the traveler. Few days ago, I was thinking about all the countries I visited so I found online maps where you can check off all the countries you visited. There are many websites you can find, but I used this one  . I started by checking off the countries, and at the end I was able to see the map and some statistics about all my visited countries. When I saw the map and the statistics, I thought "I have seen nothing". I was in 24 countries in 5 continents, which is about 11% of the total number of countries. There are 195 countries in the world. I have some traveling to do. :)
I was thinking if I could choose, which three countries I would pick to go to? So here is the list:

Belize:


This country has been on my dream list for so long. It's located in Central America, bordered by Mexico on the north, and Guatemala on the south and the west. On the east side is the Caribbean sea. It is a small country with population of 387,879 people. They used to be a British colony, so the official language is English, while the unofficial native language is Belizean Creole. This is the language which is derived from English language. Most of the English Creoles were formed in British colonies, and there are two types of them: Atlantic and Pacific. Belizean Creoles are Atlantic.
I know Belize is famous for beautiful beaches and sea (that is why it's my dream destination).
It also has one of the most diverse ecosystems in the world.
What I found out recently is that Belize is also know for high crime rate. They have one of the highest crime rates in the world, with 34 murders per 100,000 people. On the other hand, In Japan, for example, this rate is less than 1 murder per 100,000 people for population of 127 million. Something to think about.
Since we still didn't go to our honeymoon, maybe I will get a chance to go to my dream destination some day. Some day when Belize become safer. Until then, I will enjoy the photos:







Italy: 



Lately, Italy was on my mind a lot. I've been looking for flights, places, and good deals. I was in Italy twice. But, I went there with my volleyball club team, and all I remember are my friends and some good jokes. We didn't visit any major cities or sites.
I think everybody has heard of Italy. It's famous for good food, great vine and amazing sites. Italy is home to 53 UNESCO World Heritage Sites, which is the most in the world.
What you maybe didn't know is that the Italy (together with Greece) is consider as a birthplace of Western culture. The humans inhabited Italy for at least 200,000 years, while modern humans appeared about 40,000 years ago.
This is the fifth most visited country in the world.
Leonardo da Vinci is from Italy. Pizza was developed in Italy. This country is definitely at the top of my travel list. Hopefully I will visit it soon. :)






 For some reason I thought this is an interesting country to visit. I was in Tunisia and Egypt, so if I could visit some other country in Africa that would be South Africa. I didn't know much about it except it's the biggest country in Africa. When I think about Africa, I think about safari, desert, wilderness and poorness. 
I started reading about this country and I really got surprised. South Africa is a country with population of 56 million people and 11 official languages. 11?! That's a lot. Language that is most spoken among people is Afrikaans  which is developed from Dutch. English is also commonly used, because of British colonialism. 
What surprised me the most is the big difference between people of color. Even though black people are in majority, the whites are in charge. Since 1994, the majority of black South Africans were not enfranchised. That's very sad if you ask me. 
Also, there are big differences between places. If you go to Cape Town or Johannesburg, you will see  the first world country. But, if you go to rural places you will see some of the poorest and least developed parts of the world. South Africa is one of the most unequal countries in the world. 
I am trying to imagine how these two worlds look like in one country, but I can't. I think it would be a special experience to see it. 
Since the criminal rate is high in this country,  I don't think I would be brave enough to visit it right now.  
Now, when I read a little bit about this country, I am curious to learn even more about it and to visit it some day. 



As I said above, there are 195 countries in this world and each one of them is unique in its own way. Hopefully, some day I would be able to visit each of these three countries and many others. 
Do you have any favorite country that you would love to visit? 

Hope you have a great Sunday!

Jelena

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

New year, new post, same me