Stay healthy, be happy

I am really glad February came to an end. We have been sick for two weeks (half of the month). First, I got flu and I was in bed for a week, and then Nina got it from me and she was in bed for another week. I haven't been this sick in a long time. Usually, I would get cold and be in bed for a day or two, and then I would be good to go. But this time it was different. I didn't write any post this past month because of that.
What happened this month? Darko and his team made it to the top six of the league, which is a big success for them.
I read my book for the month (Alfred Adler-The Education of Children), and I was not too impressed by it. It is a decent book, but it is for someone who is studying psychology rather than someone who reads casually. My book choice for the month of March is Don't Sweat The Small Stuff by Richard Carlson. So far it is interesting, but we will see.
Yesterday, I took Nina's monthly photo. 40 months. Can you believe? She is getting really big. I miss days when she was younger. Last couple of days I've been watching her videos when she was just a baby. And, I really miss her being that small. Especially now when she is in this crazy screaming phase. She screams about everything. I am not sure if this is her reaction to preschool or something else. People say terrible twos are hard, but terrible threes are way harder.
We watched one very interesting volleyball game at the beginning of February. Our local team played against one of the best Italian teams, for which Francesca Piccinini plays. She is one of the best Italian volleyball players ever. She competed in Olympic Games four times. She is 39 years old, and she still plays. Pretty amazing, if you ask me.
We didn't have many interesting activities this past month. Flu and attempts to get rid of it occupied most of our days, and I am glad we are healthy again. When you are healthy, you feel like you can do anything. But, when you are sick, nothing is on your mind except the thought of getting better.
Oh, I almost forgot! I did exercise this past month more than I did in January. I've been working out with Darko's teammate's wife. We have been working out every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for almost three weeks. It is so much easier to work out when you have a companion. If she wasn't here, I probably wouldn't do it. She is leaving soon, and I am not sure I can force myself to continue. I will certainly try.
I'm expecting March to be better. Darko's birthday, as well as my younger sister's and my late mother's birthdays are coming this month. I hope the weather will get better. It's -11C(12F) these days. Too cold for me.  I am ready for Spring to come.
Below you can see some of our February's moments.


Prostejov

Street art


Breakfast date

Francesca Piccinini
   
Winter Olympics theme in Nina's preschool

Nina's work                                      

They made it to the top 6 teams




One from the weight room


Nina and Aaliyah

She did her makeup

Monthly pic

 Stay healthy all! It's the virus season, so get more vitamins in.

Jelena

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 countries I want to visit

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

Lefke, Cyprus