January recap

  I can't believe January is already over.
We didn't do much this month. Nina and I went to Serbia for Serbian (Orthodox) Christmas, and spent seven days with my younger sister. It was really a nice week. We celebrated Christmas at my dad's house, and both of my sisters were there and the kids. Even though Nina doesn't see her cousins that often, they always have a great time when they are together.



Nina and Petra
Nina, Petra and Tara



  We also marked six months period since our mom passed away. It went  by so fast, but I feel like it happened yesterday. It is amazing how time is relentless. Whatever we do,
and wherever we are, the time will always take its toll on us. We are always trying to catch up with it, but none of us is able to do so.
  Nina finally adapted to preschool. Last Thursday (if I remember correctly) was her first day without crying. She is doing very well these days. She eats her lunch over there, and even remembers few names of her classmates (if I can call them that). What really interesting is that now she speaks her own language. :) It is not Serbian, and I am not sure if it is Czech. She probably picked some words from the school and mixed them with Serbian words and her imagination, and made a new language. It is really fun to watch(listen) her speak. Yesterday, I took her monthly photos. She was wild the entire day, but I was able to take few good shots.


First no crying day 

Monthly photo


  I read one book this past month, which was one of my resolutions for this year. The book is called The Road Less Traveled by M. Scott Peck, and it's a great read! If you like psychological, self development books, then this one is for you. It is written using simple language, so anybody can understand it. My February's choice is also psychological book, but this time is about children psychology. All these books are owned by Darko (he is all about psychology), so my choices are limited. :) I do like them though.
  I like how often I wrote blog posts this past month. This is my third or fourth post this month. I don't think that happened in awhile. I shall be more frequent, and spend a little bit more time working on my posts and social media.
  What I am not happy about is that I didn't work out. I did yoga only a few times. It is a shame. But, February is already here, so I will be better. I didn't stop baiting my nails, and I didn't find a job yet.
Overall, January was ok - not too good, not too bad. We will see what February holds for us. I have no big expectations, but who knows.



I like this photo very much for some reason. After almost every game (when they win) Nina would go down to the court to Darko and they would go around to shake fans' hands. Last game we watched (it was an away game) she entered the court before the game ended. My late reaction didn't stop her. For some reason I thought she wouldn't enter the court before the horn goes off.  I was wrong. :) It was funny and embarrassing at the same time. We are not going to the next away game. :) 


Nina's newest friend Aaliyah

She is adorable, and Nina is wild :) 

Streets of Prostejov


Is there anything you would want me to write about?
Please feel free to ask and to share your thoughts with me. I would love to hear them.
Have a great hump day!

Jelena



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 countries I want to visit

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

Zlin Zoo